Courgette and red onion linguini with lemon and cashew
- 3 courgettes.
- 1 red onion.
- 100g rocket.
- Flaked almonds.
- Sundried tomatoes.
For the dressing.
- 120mls water.
- 120g blanched almonds, roughly chopped.
- 1 large garlic clove grated.
- Juice and grated rind of half a lemon.
- 120mls rapeseed oil.
- 20g fresh mint.
- Sea salt.
- Place the blanched almonds in a bowl, cover with water and leave to soak for two 24 hours to soften.
- Place the flaked almonds in a dry pan over a medium heat and toast till golden, be careful and do not allow to take on too much colour.
- Finely slice the red onion, place is a separate bowl, cover with water and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain the chopped blanched almonds, place in a high powered blender with the 120mls water, garlic, grated lemon rind, lemon juice, rapeseed oil and mint. Blend well.
- Taste the dressing and season with salt, adjust the dressing to desired consistency by adding some water if required.
- With a julienne peeler, peel long thin strips of courgette from all sides of the courgette but only as far as the seeds in the centre, discard the seeds. Alternatively use a vegetable peeler peel long strips as above. Place these in a large bowl.
- Drain the red onion, dry with kitchen paper and add to the courgette to a large bowl.
- Add the rocket to the bowl and dress the salad.
- Place on a serving dish, and garnish the salad with the toasted almonds and sundried tomatoes.
Warm Asian Gambas Salad with strawberries and a strawberry vinaigrette
- 250mls good quality white wine vinegar.
- 250g strawberries, hulled and cut in half.
- Salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 2 tbs strawberry vinegar.
- 4 tbs rapeseed oil
- Salt and pepper.
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves.
- 12 jumbo gambas peeled, deveined and dried with kitchen paper.
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 fresh red chilli
- a few sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 100 ml olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pour the vinegar into a glass jug and add half the strawberries, cover and leave to infuse for 48 hours, strain and store in a tightly sealed glass bottle.
- To make the vinaigrette whisk the oil, strawberry vinegar together, season to taste.
- Blitz all the ingredients for the marinade in a processor till will chopped, avoid making a puree.
- Place in a bowl and add the gambas, toss well and leave for 30 minutes.
- To cook the gambas place a pan on a medium to high heat. Remove the gambas from the marinade and fry till they turn pink and opaque. Add a splash of the strawberry vinegar and set aside to cool slightly.
- Assemble the dish and serve.