This 1 morning practical course is crafted to teach participants the importance of plant based proteins and fibre in the diet. It will introduce learners to exciting ways of making wholesome meals that are packed with flavour whilst highlighting how these ingredients look after your body too.
The course highlights the benefits of changing from white rice to fibre rich options like red rice.
This course will allow participants to create simple rice based meals that are quick to prepare and are packed with flavour and highlight rice’s versatility all under the supervision of a professionally qualified chef
This programme is designed to provide participants with a level of knowledge, skills and understanding to enable them create tasty and nutritious meals using rice
- Types of rice
- How to cook and prepare rice
- Nutritional information regarding rice
- Traditional and new rice based recipes
Participants may wish to continue their studies with KWETB in a complementary area:
- Nutrition for Wellness: Grains and Seeds
- Nutrition for Wellness: Fermentation and Pickling
- Nutrition for Wellness: Beans
- Artisan Bread (Short Course)
- Artisan Morning Pastries
- Barista & Café Skills (Short Course)
- Pastry, Baking and Desserts
KWETB Certificate of Completion
This course was run in February 2022. Please click the expression of interest button below and send us an email if you would be interested in doing this course in the future. This course is run in KWETB’s Centre of Excellence in Hospitality at Marine House, Wicklow Town.