Customer Service Training in the Experience Economy with the LIDON Group
Wednesday, 2nd February 2022
As the country emerges from the pandemic, Junction 14 Mayfield, which is the M7’s original major motorway service station, has embarked on an exciting Customer Service training programme for its staff. This programme has been launched in collaboration with the LIDON Group, Training Services in Kildare & Wicklow Education and Training Board (KWETB) and CSEI. This tailored training will give each of Junction 14’s 140 staff members a greater ability to connect with customers, as commuters return to work, and life starts to return to normal. Customer expectations have evolved over the past two years and connecting with customers from behind masks and protective screens has been challenging, but the Junction 14 Mayfield team are confident that their customer’s from all over the country still value that personal connection that the site is renowned for.
Speaking on the programme Human Resource Officer with the Lidon Group, Tiernan Gorman stated that “Customer Experience represents the peak point in the battle for the hearts and minds of the modern customer. At Junction 14 Mayfield, it is our mission to be a unique destination of choice that offers the highest quality customer experience.”
Site Manager Gavin Moran added “Junction 14 Mayfield is committed to constant improvements and recognise the importance of staff training. We take great pride in the training and development programmes that we offer our new and existing staff, providing all the necessary tools and skills to grow within our company, with future progression to managerial roles.”
KWETB Training Services and Innovation Manager, Eileen Cullen
“I believe that excellent customer service is what differentiates a company. A happy customer will promote your business for you. Investing in staff makes a great company into a brilliant one. KWETB are delighted to be the forefront of these innovative human skills for tomorrow initiatives”
“Serving the customers’ needs and being able to exceed customer expectations is key to achieving sustainable success for the future. Providing a wide range of food & beverage options and with our spacious seating areas open again, we wanted to empower the team to better understand the importance of maximising the Customer Experience at Junction 14 Mayfield. This is why this training programme is so important right now” Liam Fitzpatrick said.
The Fitzpatrick’s are a local Monasterevin family and have been in business in the area since the 1950s, when their father Joe Fitzpatrick started up a car and tractor repair business, with customer service always being one of the cornerstones of success.
The course covers:
- Communication – company vision and values, culture, internal customer service, body language. empathy, collaboration, unconscious bias awareness
- The experience economy – we are buying experiences not just products at a price. Business is the stage; staff are the actors and customers are the paying audience – excite, engage
- Understanding diversity for competitive advantage – 5 generations in the workforce and as customers. Inspire and be inspired. Leveraging cultural differences of a changing Ireland
- Human skills – adaptability, resilience, problem solving, emotional intelligence – identifying those that are of most relevance. The human touch as a key differentiator
- Moments that matter – relevant to the business. acknowledgement, resolution, touchpoints, moments of truth, integrity, trust. loyalty
- Leadership of customer experience – servant leadership, generational, cultural. leadership styles that work. recognition (catching people ‘in’). Identifying team members strengths. Measuring for success
- Digital excellence in the customer experience – leveraging IT-digital. Omnichannel service
- The story- why the business exists, social impact, environmental considerations, sustainability. People buy the story
- Internal customer service – culture, employee engagement. understanding team roles
Update: 16th February 2022
KWETB is delighted to be featured with the LIDON group in the Kildare Nationalist:
KWETB are delighted to support location industry with funded training initiatives in a variety of areas:
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- Managerial Skills
- IT skills
- Construction / Engineering
- Hospitality / Food and Beverage
- Hairdressing / Beauty
Courses can be bespoke, online, blended or classroom based – typically the cost of the course and certification (if any) can be fully funded by KWETB.
Our Enterprise Engagement Team would be delighted to speak with you. Simply complete the Expression of Interest form below and a member of the team will get back to you shortly: