Equip learners with an awareness of the impacts of human activities on the environment and with the knowledge, skills and competence to identify the key sustainable practices that they can take in their personal life and in their community
This Green Skills Level 4 Environmental Sustainability Awareness Module is aimed at the individual and their own lives and their own communities
This course will be delivered over 25 hours in a physical classroom plus 15 hours self-directed learning online
- Climate change and what can be done
- Biodiversity loss & other environmental pressures
- Environmental sustainability and making environmental change
- Energy management & renewable energy; water efficiency & conservation
- Sustainable food & food waste prevention
- Sustainable consumption, the circular economy, & waste; clothes & fashion; plastics & single use; composting
- Biodiversity & actions to take
- Greening communities & greening your lifestyle
- Workshops to develop your action plan
- Outline the principal effects that human activities have on the environment
- Examine the key national, European, and global measures that have been taken to address environmental issues
- Identify the main environmental impacts of these issues and the challenges they pose for an individual at a local level
- Explore a range of sustainable practices and actions that can be implemented at individual and community level
This course is funded under the Skills To Advance initiative. For employed learners, this course, including course materials and assessments fees are provided at no cost to the learner.
Upon successful completion of the programme, learners will achieve a QQI Level 4 Environmental Sustainability Awareness
This course will be running in Wicklow and Kildare in March.
Course will run for 5 working days from Thursday 23rd March to Wednesday 29th March.
9.00am to 4.15pm daily.