To equip employees in the hospitality and tourism sector with enhanced skills to lead and manage their teams effectively.
This course is for learners who are performing team leaders or frontline management roles.
Developing Leaders for Hospitality and Tourism is a result of a collaboration between SOLAS, the Education and Training Boards (ETBs), the Irish Hotels Federation (IHF), Fáilte Ireland and the Regional Skills Fora.
- Team Performance
- Customer Service
- Regulatory and legislative requirement in Hospitality
- Devise and Implement Training & Development Plans
- Manage grievance and disciplinary procedures
- Managing Costings, Billing and Payment Processes and Budgets
- Handling Customer Complaints
- Digital Skills
- Green Skills
The Diploma in Hospitality Management can lead to a career in a wide range of career roles including:
- General Manager
- Heads of Departments in hotels and contract catering establishments
- Restaurant Managers
- Kitchen Managers
- Managers in the Events and Leisure Sector.
On successful completion of the programme, learners will receive a City and Guilds Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality Management (equivalent of Level 6 on the National Framework of Qualifications)