The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to carry out Building Energy Rating (BER) assessments on dwellings in compliance with the current Occupational Standards for Building Energy Rating (BER) Assessor for Dwellings and Corresponding Requirements for Training Programmes leading to Building Energy Rating (BER) Assessment published by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI).
This course will be delivered over 5 full days (online) and 1 practical day (where learners must travel to Dublin).
Prior to attending the course, it is recommended that you read the following documents:
- European Union (Energy Performance of Buildings) Regulations 2012
- Technical Guidance Document L (TGD L) 2019
- Dwelling Energy Assessment Procedure (DEAP) Manual
- Demonstrate an understanding of the current European and National legislative background relevant to the Energy Performance of Buildings Directive
- Describe the assessor obligations and operation of the BER administration systems
- Explain the current Dwelling Energy Assessment Procedure (DEAP) methodology 2
- Describe the requirements set out in Part L of the Building Regulations and other relevant Building Regulations
- Determine and record BER-relevant details from plans and specifications of dwellings
- Determine and record BER-relevant details through survey of new and existing dwellings
- Determine the fabric and ventilation parameters for heat losses and gains
- Determine the lighting energy usage parameters
- Identify space and domestic hot water heating systems
- Use the current DEAP methodology and software to produce a BER certificate and advisory report for dwelling types of varying complexity
- Critically evaluate and communicate the details of a BER certificate and advisory report 12. Explain how to optimise the energy performance of dwellings with consideration to relevant standards, codes and practices
- Identify options to achieve compliance with Part L of the Building Regulations for dwellings
This course is funded under the Skills To Advance initiative. For employed learners, this course, including course materials and assessments fees are provided at no cost to the learner.
QQI Level 6 Building Energy Rating Assessment (Dwellings) Award (Component) – 6N0732
Upon successful completion of this course, the learner can apply directly to SEAI to register as a BER Assessor
This course runs periodically, please email Linda from our Enterprise Engagement Team – firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.